Baroness Greengross officially opens Battersea Place – London’s first luxury retirement community
The courtyard garden at Battersea Place, London’s first luxury retirement community, was transformed into a scene from Midsummer Night’s Dream last week, for the development’s official launch, presided over by Baroness Greengross.
Residents, their families and friends heard Baroness Greengross, who was Director General of Age Concern England from 1987 until 2000 and is one of the UK’s aging experts, reflect on the importance of community in later life. She applauded the design of Battersea Place and stayed to meet residents following her address.
The event took place in the landscaped gardens at Battersea Place, with a beautiful backdrop of specially commissioned floral arrangements and staff dressed as characters from the classic Shakespearean play. Guests enjoyed a traditional sweet cart, chocolate fondue and sumptuous canapés.
Prices at Battersea Place start from £535,000 for a one bedroom apartment. For more information, please contact the Battersea Place sales team on 020 7205 4643, or visit www.batterseaplace.co.uk
- LifeCare Residences (LCR) is an international retirement village operator with communities in New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
- Founded by New Zealander, Cliff Cook, the LCR business model has been developed over a 35-year involvement in the sector.
- LCR takes a fresh approach to providing housing for people over the age of 70, offering residents an independent lifestyle in their own home, with access to an extensive range of high quality facilities and 24 hour nursing care and emergency assistance, if required.
- LCR retirement villages are of 5-star quality, where residents purchase a long term lease, allowing them exclusive use of the amenities.
- In the United Kingdom, LCR owns and operates Battersea Place, London’s first luxury retirement community, Grove Place in Hampshire and Somerleigh Court in Dorchester.
- LCR is a founding member of the Associated Retirement Community Operators (ARCO) representing the retirement community sector in the United Kingdom.
- Further information is available on website lifecareresidences.com